This is a list of physics conferences and summer schools I have attended, including my posters and talks.
Summer schools and courses
Graduate physics summer schools attended, also undergraduate relativity courses:
- Semester 1, University of Newcastle (Australia): PHYS3290 Special Relativity, lecturer Ian M. Benn
- University of Newcastle: MATH____ General Relativity, lecturer Ian Benn
- 2014 Semester 1, University of Queensland: MATH7105 General Relativity, lecturers Yao-Zhong Zhang and Tim C. Ralph
- 2017 Vienna, Austria: Between Geometry and Relativity summer school / workshop, with poster on time slicings of black holes
- 2018 January, Melbourne, Australia: Mathematical relativity and Lorentzian geometry at Australian Mathematical Sciences Institute (AMSI) summer school, lecturers Andy Hammerlindl and Todd Oliynyk. Also “Low-dimensional topology“
- Dublin, Ireland: Dublin School on Gravitational Wave Source Modelling. 2 weeks
- Melbourne, Australia: Australasian Conference on General Relativity and Gravitation (ACGRG8), “Cosmic Cable” talk abstract
- Vancouver, Canada: Canadian Conference on General Relativity and Relativistic Astrophysics (CCGRRA16), talk “Static vs Falling: Time slicings of Schwarzschild black holes“
- New York City, United States: International Conference on General Relativity and Gravitation (GR21), poster on time slicings of black holes
- Sydney, Australia: Fine-tuning, the Multiverse and Life conference.
- Sydney, Australia: International Symposium on Cosmology and Particle Astrophysics (CosPA2016)
- Brisbane, Australia: joint Asia Pacific Physics Conference and Australian Institute of Physics Congress (APPC-AIP 2016), black holes poster
- Toruń, Poland: Inhomogeneous Cosmologies, talk “Big Rip in an Inhomogeneous Universe“
- Trieste, Italy: Probing the spacetime fabric, (updated) poster on time slicings of black holes
- Vienna, Austria: Between Geometry and Relativity conference
- Perth, Australia: Australasian relativity conference (ACGRG9 website unavailable), talk “Cosmic Cable“
- Brisbane, Australia: Relativistic Quantum Information (RQI11)
2018, including forthcoming:
- Albena, Bulgaria: Fifth International Conference on the Nature and Ontology of Spacetime. Philosophy of physics, Minkowski Institute.
- Warsaw, Poland: The 2nd workshop on Singularities of general relativity and their quantum fate
- Potsdam, Germany: 21st Capra Meeting on Radiation Reaction in General Relativity. I really should have learnt my lesson about attending conferences outside of my research area, however this is still theoretical GR, I am curious to visit the respected Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics in Potsdam (the theoretical branch), plus I might even network.
- Rome, Italy: Fifteenth Marcel Grossmann Meeting (MG15). I can’t miss the biggest relativity conference of the year!
- Possible future plans for Europe 2019:
- Valencia, Spain: 22nd International Conference on General Relativity and Gravitation (GR22) and 13th Edoardo Amaldi Conference on Gravitational Waves. The biggest relativity conference of the year.